Thursday, January 1, 2009

White Tube Socks: I'm Just Saying, Young, Black & Murdered & SIR spa


White Tube Socks? I’m Just Saying

Us men only have a few opportunities with our appearance to add some personality and flair. Now if personality and flair isn’t your thing then you can jump down but if you’re looking for a quick and easy way to add some more You to your wardrobe think about your socks. My favorite pair was a green and pink horizontal stripped pair with black Playboy bunnies on the sides. Fresh. {RIP my favorite socks}.

As men, I’ve noticed that we view socks from a functional point-of-view. This makes sense because I see countless dudes with run over shoes so it’s no surprise they settle for the honorable mention of socks: the dreaded white tube sock. Now don’t get me wrong; white tube socks have their time and place in a man’s wardrobe- just not every time and every damn place. And if you don’t believe me then check this out from Bob Strauss at eHow.

“Unless you’d like to relive your elementary school days, act like an adult and opt for nice, solid colors like blue or brown. Remember, sneaker socks should only be worn with sneakers. “




Bob knows what he’s talking about. Get the rest of the sock buying tips here and be opened minded. Bob graduated from the school of “match your socks with your shoes” but I didn’t. Remember that your socks show off your flavor and with that said I better not see any more white tube socks worn without sneakers. Let’s strive to really be fly from head-to-toe in ‘09. Shall we?

I'm just saying.


Young, Black and Murdered

It seems that the number of young black men and teenagers who committed murders or were murdered in shootings has increased since 2000. Criminologists at Northeastern University in Boston will release a
study that compares how national murders have leveled off but murders among young black men have increased dramatically by 40% since 2000.


While factors like low unemployment and poverty are constant all fingers point to the Bush administration’s lack of funding local police and juvenile crime prevention programs. To combat Bush’s mess Obama and Biden have promised to implement funds that will put 50,000 more police officers on the streets- we’ll see.


Cities like Houston, claiming to be the leader in national black youth murders, may not have time to wait. According to research Houston’s black youth homicide {14-27} is up 139% from 2001 to 2007.


SIR Spa

My dad always made sure my appearance was on point as a kid. I was probably the only boy who got a haircut every week {every two weeks is the norm}. I was going to the barbershop so much that the barber actually sent me away one day. Thanks to my dad I know that a real man takes care of his appearance. It has nothing to do with being a “metrosexual” which is one of the stupidest terms ever created. For those who still don’t know the difference between a metrosexual and real dude let me draw a comparison:

-A metrosexual shaves his chest, gets his eyebrows arched and has gloss added to his nails during a manicure.

-A real dude trims his chest hair, doesn’t touch his eyebrows and gets a manicure without gloss.

A real dude cares about his appearance but doesn’t go the extra mile to implement feminine techniques. Grooming is to maintain health not to be pretty. With that said I want to introduce you to SIR spa in Chicago.


A trip to SIR was my bday gift to myself and it was amazing. In the Andersonville neighborhood of Chitown SIR offers a range of services like massages, facials and hand/foot treatment in addition to products for hair, body and face.

You’d think a guy who was raised to take care of his appearance would’ve visited a spa a long time ago but yesterday was my first time- ever! The people at SIR spa {shout out to Dave, Emily and Tisha} were professional and remarkable. Thanks to them my hands and feet look presentable to the world, my face is radiant and my body is still relaxed from my massage {Dave you are the man!}. If you are in Chicago or visiting soon treat yourself to a trip to SIR spa. You won’t regret it.
Tell them The Genius Syndicate sent you and you’ll get a whopping 0% discount. Sorry, I don’t have that much juice to hand out discounts but I figured it'll be nice for the team at SIR to know they are doing a great job.


Quote of the Day

"I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma."

-Eartha Kitt


No comments: